News & Events
Students Grivence Redressal Cell
The Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar, North Tripura has constituted a Students Grievance Redressal Cell and the functions of the Cell are to look into the complaints lodged by any student and judge its merits. The Grievance Redressal Cell is also empowered to look into the matters of harassment.
Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the head of the institution in consultation with of his/her respective HOD and may send the complaint by E-mail ID. In case the student is unwilling to appear in self, grievance may be dropped in writing at the drop box.
The objective of the Students Grievance Redressal Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the Govt. Degree College Dharmanagar, North Tripura. The Students Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the students of the Govt. Degree College Dharmanagar with the followilg objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the Institution by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the Institute through promoting cordial student-student relationship and student teacher relationship etc.
- To support, those students who have been deprived of the services for which he/she is entitled.
- To make teaching and supporting staff responsive, accountable, courteous in dealing with the students.
- To ensure effective solution to the student grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievance/problems freely and frankly without any fear of being victimized.
- Advising the students to respect the right of dignity of one another and show restraint and patience whenever any occasion arises.
- Advising all staff to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Advising all the students to refrain from inciting students against other students, teachers and institute Administration.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution.
- Any violation of ragging or disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal of the Institution.
- To ensure effective solution to the students grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- The Cell is vested with the authority to settle any type of grievances raised by the students of the Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar.
- A Committee has been constituted for this purpose. The students are required to lodge their grievances in the prescribed form available with students Grievances Cell situated in the office of college in the Administrative Block.
- If the students may wish they can drop their complaints in the Drop Box placed outside the principles’ office.
- Redressal of students Grievances
- To coordinate between Students' s and Department to redress the g grievances.
The Cell deals with grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:
Academic Matters: Related to timely issue Marks Sheets/Duplicate marks Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Conduct certificates or other matters related to Examination.
Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items i.e. Stephens, fees, fines, library hostels etc.
The Students Grievances Redressal Cell shall not entertain the following issue:-
- Decision of Executive Council, Academic Council, Board of Studies and other Administrative or academic Committees constituted by the college authority.
- Decision taken by the college authority with regard to disciplinary matter and conduct.
- Decision by the competent authority on assessment and examination results.
- Decisions of the college about admission in any courses offered by the Institute.
- The decision taken by the Group Director on the deliberation of the Students Grievances Redressal Committee shall be final and binding on the applicants.
The Principal or Principal In- Charge of the Government Degree College will be the Appellate Authority. Member Secretary
Dr. Manik Bhattacharjee, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Contact: 03822-220387, +91-9612835597,